Must be a Wrestling Leader (coach/official) member of USA Wrestling in order to be able to renew the high school team membership.
For renewal of HS Team Membership:
- Go to www.usawmembership.com
- If needed, create account and claim your profile
- If club leader is with a different High School than before, the club leader can contact California-USA Wrestling or USA Wrestling to be affiliated with new high school
- If you are a returning coach to the same HS you will see the club listed under your “club” tab. Once logged into your account atwww.usawmembership.com, scroll over “Manage” at the top and then click on “Clubs” to access club information.
- You can select to renew the club and it will be added to your shopping cart.
- In order to be able to renew the club, the club leader must be a current Wrestling Leader (coach/official) member of USA Wrestling
- Once the renewal of the club is complete you can start to renew or upload your athletes under the members tab.
1. Who is covered under the HS team membership?
A. Only wrestlers in grades 9-12 enrolled at the school and submitted on the team spreadsheet.
1. Can I add wrestlers after I purchase the team membership or do they all have to be submitted at the same time?
A. Yes, you can add wrestlers to your team membership during the season before the JUNE 30TH deadline.
1. Are Wrestling Leader memberships (coaches cards) included with the team membership?
A. No, Wrestling Leader
coach memberships are not included and must be purchased separately. Before one is able to purchase his/her Wrestling Leader membership, he/she must have passed the mandatory background screening and completed SafeSport training.
1. How can I pay for the team membership?
A. The High School Team Membership is purchased directly through USA Wrestling’s membership system (www.usawmembership.com). The UIL has indicated school or booster club funds should not be used for the payment. Wrestlers should contribute their portion.
1. Can I include high school wrestlers from a different school (that may not have a team) who practice with my team?
A. No, only wrestlers enrolled in your school can be included.
1. Can I include middle school wrestlers from our school attendance zone that practice with our HS?
A. No, only wrestlers in grades 9-12 can be included.
1. Do the wrestlers included under my HS team membership have to practice with my school and enter tournaments under our HS name? For example, we do not have a Freestyle club and practices at the school in the spring.
A. No. The wrestlers just get their USA Wrestling memberships through the high school team. They can attend practices throughout the year with any chartered club and can enter USAW sanctioned tournaments as individuals.
1. Do I have to include all the information requested on the spreadsheet?
A. Yes, for accurate membership and insurance policy requirements all fields must be provided:
· First name and Last name
· Date of birth
· Address – Street, City, State, Zip
· Phone number
· E-mail address
First and last name of at least one parent/guardian
1. I already have a CA-USAW chartered club that I run for youth and/or Freestyle/Greco. Does my HS team charter replace that club?
A. No, your HS team charter only covers HS team and practices. If you are going to run a separate club with wrestlers from other schools, or for wrestlers from your school but outside of the CIF season, you would still keep a separate charter for that club.
1. What are the benefits? Why should my team join?
A. The HS team membership provides an extremely cost effective way for high school wrestlers to continue to receive the benefits of USA Wrestling membership (see flyer). With their athlete membership, they receive secondary sports accident insurance for all wrestling activities with sanctioned organizations. That includes your high school practices and tournaments. They are also able to participate in all USA Wrestling sanctioned events including the Folkstyle National Championships, a wide range of FS/GR regional and national tournaments, and a full schedule of local CA-USAW sanctioned FS/GR tournaments in your area. Within certain restrictions, they may also participate in CA-USAW sanctioned Folkstyle tournaments during the season.