The High School Team membership is done online this season at www.usawmembership.com
The price is $525 which includes the club charter for the High School and unlimited athlete memberships. The team membership does not include Wrestling Leader membership cards.
To get started:
You would need to create an account if you do not have one already. Once you are logged in you can claim your profile.
If you were the coach last season you should see the team listed under your clubs section. If not please let me know.
Purchasing High School Team Membership:
If this is the first time purchasing the high school team membership you will need to email
firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of you school, address of the school, and your USAW ID number.
To purchase or renew the High School Team Membership you will first go to “Manage” at the top of the screen and then select “Clubs”. You will then select “Renew Now” in the blue box to the right of the name of the high school.
The next screen will see the information for the club listed. If that information needs to be changed you will click on the box with the pencil above the club information. If everything is correct you will click on Renew Club Charter in the blue box.
In order to purchase the High School Team membership you will need to have a Wrestling Leader Membership. In order to purchase the Wrestling Leader Membership you will have needed to complete your Safe Sport certification and have a valid background check through the USA Wrestling membership system.
Once that is done you can purchase the High School Team membership.
Once the fee is paid to purchase the high school team membership you will be able to upload or renew athletes by clicking on Manage Club in the clubs tab.
You will see options on the left side of the screen. To add athletes using the spreadsheet you would click on uploads. You will have the option to download the correct spreadsheet to use. This changes yearly, so be sure to download the most current version. If you are returning you are able to download the spreadsheet with all of the returning athletes already listed. New athletes would just need to be added. If this is your first time purchasing the high school team membership you will need to use the blank spreadsheet and include the athlete’s information. If the athlete has been a member in the past you will just put in the USAW ID and the system will pull the information.
Once you have uploaded the athletes correctly they will be placed into your cart. Once you click on Finalize cart they will become active.
You are able to use the Non USAW Members tab as well to renew that returning athletes on your team.
Please note that if you have any athletes that are 18 or will turn 18 during the membership season they will need to complete the Safe Sport Training in order to be members. The best way for them to complete the training is to create their own account and claim their own profile.
If you have any questions please contact Derek Sikora at email@example.com
Must be a Wrestling Leader (coach/official) member of USA Wrestling in order to be able to renew the high school team membership.
For renewal of HS Team Membership:
- Go to www.usawmembership.com
- If needed, create account and claim your profile
- If club leader is with a different High School than before, the club leader can contact California-USA Wrestling or USA Wrestling to be affiliated with new high school
- If you are a returning coach to the same HS you will see the club listed under your “club” tab. Once logged into your account atwww.usawmembership.com, scroll over “Manage” at the top and then click on “Clubs” to access club information.
- You can select to renew the club and it will be added to your shopping cart.
- In order to be able to renew the club, the club leader must be a current Wrestling Leader (coach/official) member of USA Wrestling
- Once the renewal of the club is complete you can start to renew or upload your athletes under the members tab.
1. Who is covered under the HS team membership?
A. Only wrestlers in grades 9-12 enrolled at the school and submitted on the team spreadsheet.
1. Can I add wrestlers after I purchase the team membership or do they all have to be submitted at the same time?
A. Yes, you can add wrestlers to your team membership during the season before the JUNE 30TH deadline.
1. Are Wrestling Leader memberships (coaches cards) included with the team membership?
A. No, Wrestling Leader
coach memberships are not included and must be purchased separately. Before one is able to purchase his/her Wrestling Leader membership, he/she must have passed the mandatory background screening and completed SafeSport training.
1. How can I pay for the team membership?
A. The High School Team Membership is purchased directly through USA Wrestling’s membership system (www.usawmembership.com). The UIL has indicated school or booster club funds should not be used for the payment. Wrestlers should contribute their portion.
1. Can I include high school wrestlers from a different school (that may not have a team) who practice with my team?
A. No, only wrestlers enrolled in your school can be included.
1. Can I include middle school wrestlers from our school attendance zone that practice with our HS?
A. No, only wrestlers in grades 9-12 can be included.
1. Do the wrestlers included under my HS team membership have to practice with my school and enter tournaments under our HS name? For example, we do not have a Freestyle club and practices at the school in the spring.
A. No. The wrestlers just get their USA Wrestling memberships through the high school team. They can attend practices throughout the year with any chartered club and can enter USAW sanctioned tournaments as individuals.
1. Do I have to include all the information requested on the spreadsheet?
A. Yes, for accurate membership and insurance policy requirements all fields must be provided:
· First name and Last name
· Date of birth
· Address – Street, City, State, Zip
· Phone number
· E-mail address
First and last name of at least one parent/guardian
1. I already have a CA-USAW chartered club that I run for youth and/or Freestyle/Greco. Does my HS team charter replace that club?
A. No, your HS team charter only covers HS team and practices. If you are going to run a separate club with wrestlers from other schools, or for wrestlers from your school but outside of the CIF season, you would still keep a separate charter for that club.
1. What are the benefits? Why should my team join?
A. The HS team membership provides an extremely cost effective way for high school wrestlers to continue to receive the benefits of USA Wrestling membership (see flyer). With their athlete membership, they receive secondary sports accident insurance for all wrestling activities with sanctioned organizations. That includes your high school practices and tournaments. They are also able to participate in all USA Wrestling sanctioned events including the Folkstyle National Championships, a wide range of FS/GR regional and national tournaments, and a full schedule of local CA-USAW sanctioned FS/GR tournaments in your area. Within certain restrictions, they may also participate in CA-USAW sanctioned Folkstyle tournaments during the season.